Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, June 18, 2007




Saturday was time for some high country riding with temps in the 90's, so I headed up to the old neighborhood for cooler temps, running water, and some sweet singletrack. You'll never see many riders out here cause it's quite technical and even hikers are few. So I rode from the old hood, all the way to the top of the mountain and back down. It was one of those days I was really on and couldn't believe the stuff I was cleaning on the hardtail. These are the trails where I learned to ride on a fully rigid, steel Trek, and where I first met Tom and marvelled at the stuff he rode in his retro garb. It was good to be back. Got 4,800 feet of climbing in over 32 miles, and it was a tough effort.

Sunday, got together with Carl and Laurie up in the pines. A recovery ride for me, and a Fathers Day ride for Carl. It's amazing what you can do with a Bob trailer. I've discovered Carl's stealth training secret though as he towed his daughter through some fun trails and up some nice climbs. Helped him for sure at Dueces Wild where he took 8th overall, even beating out some of the younger pros.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, June 18, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

It's always a good day whan the first digit of the climbing # is significantly higher than the first of the mileage. Wow, thats some work on a rigid bike!

 
At 9:53 AM, June 21, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

Matt,
I was looking for a good climbing workout close to home, and this was the ticket, especially after Cochiti!

I was on the Dean, with front suspension, but I used to ride this on a fully rigid bike.....getting too old for that now!
Chris

 
At 8:36 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger ojulius said...

Wow, sounds like a really nice ride! Bob trailer training...maybe your friend can write a book about it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home