Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Sunday, June 03, 2007





National Trails Day was awesome! The Open Space Division contacted me to lead a work crew on the section of trail that our mountain bike ministry adopted 5 years ago. Seems they had too many volunteers and not enough staff to lead work crews. Wouldn’t it be great if ministries had that same problem?
Anyway, I had an awesome crew, including my better half Ann, and Mark from the Bomb group. Chris P from the FOO group cranked out some great work. Also Bob and his better half Betsy, Dr. Chris and his better half Claudia, Mark 2, John and Jim?
Anyway, we knocked out 15 or so erosion control features and also built some new "stair step" ledges using huge granite slabs. I dropped an 80-pound slab on the middle finger on my left hand and it’s quite a lovely shade of purple today.
Splinted up the finger and got out for a ride today with Ann at Cedro. At only 10 miles, was probably our shortest ride of the year, but one on the most enjoyable with cool breezes, colorful wildflowers, and nobody on the trails. I had no need to hammer out a long ride today, and judging from my inability to get my heart rate even close to my Lactate Threshold, I was better off going easy and resting this afternoon.

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, June 03, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Thanks for working on the trails! Awesome job - but bummer on the finger.

 
At 8:07 AM, June 04, 2007, Blogger Joel said...

But was it 10 singlespeed miles? You know those count double, right?

 
At 6:53 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

Thanks Matt. Finger is on the mend...

Joel, I thought the conversion factor was 1.3623431?

 
At 9:13 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger ojulius said...

I ran into Chris P at the end of your trail day. Thanks for all the hard work! I'm looking forward to checking out the work you did on your trail.

Sorry to hear about the finger...youch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home