Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, May 07, 2007


Took 7 people from the bomb/fca groups to the east mountains Saturday for a nice ride. Despite rain, snow, wind, cold, and even sunshine, we had a nice time and nobody out on the trails either.

Sunday, Patrick gave me a carbon composite Kestrel fork for my Klein he picked up at a teammates garage sale. Fits perfect on the big 59cm frame. All I can say is my neck won't be hurting so bad on the road anymore after that aluminum fork I had. I also had him take a look at the Dean shifting issues, and turns out it needed a new chain, and chainring......dohh! Nothing like having the obvious staring you in the face and don't realize it! The chainring had big old hooks on it, similar to what you see in the above picture I pulled off the web.

Sunday eve, took the 1x9 Dean out for a quick ride in the foothills. Rode it hard for an hour on the usual loop. Found some guys digging up rocks in one of the few, fun technical sections on the lower rock garden. Geez guys, if you can't ride it, don't destroy it for the rest of us who enjoy it. I told them they shouldn't be doing stuff like that and all I got was a dumb look in response. Probably the same guys that eradicated the nice rock drop leading down into the neighborhood. Don't get me started on this kind of stuff........

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, May 09, 2007, Blogger ojulius said...

Okay, that's infuriating that you ran into people smoothing out the rock garden. What a bunch of sissies.

 
At 11:54 AM, May 10, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

Yeah, what's up with people!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home