Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, April 16, 2007




Here’s the neighborhood tulip thief. She just likes the colorful tops though. It was supposed to be turkey trumping dawn till dusk, as I haven’t missed opening of the season in many moons, but a sick pup put the nix on even those plans, and my bow never saw the light of day. Turns out he’s OK, but he gave us a scare and he kept us up all night crying, till we got him into the clinic. One of the joys of having pets.


With the original plans changed, I got some nice foothills rides in. Saturday took the SS out for a 22-mile cruise through the south foothills with Ann. She’s shown a lot of improvement on the new bike and handles most of the downhill tech stuff just fine, but I need to work more with her on the climbing tech obstacles to get her confidence up. Sunday, we took turns babysitting the sick pup, so when it was my turn to play, I got out for a north to south foothills ride. Got 31 miles in, just over 3 hours riding time. Climbing was a bit over 3K and though I was lacking sleep, and tired, it was a nice day to be out.

Though I got some nice dirt miles in this weekend, they don’t even compare to the miles that Matt rode to his singlespeed victory at Dawn till Dusk. He’s got a good write-up and pics from the race, so check it out. He's definitely kicked it up another notch for 2007.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, April 17, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Thx for the shout out, Chris. I really like that water shot - thats pretty cool.

 
At 11:55 AM, April 18, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

No problem Matt. I think Dave Harris said it best, "Matt's entered the Super Freak category" !! Congrats again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home