Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Friday, March 02, 2007


And the wind blows. The Spring winds arrived like clockwork this year and you can see how they've chipped away at our snowpack. (see: sublimation) Not as bad as it could have been, but we still need some of those heavy wet snows that typically come in the Spring in these parts.

The wind was not my friend on the bike yesterday either. I got two hours in on the roadie and it was tough work with gusts up to 50 miles per hour. I mostly battled the cross wind, but had several miles of headwind that felt like I rode into a wall when it gusted. Only had about 3 miles where the wind was at my back. A good workout and my average speed was nearly 17.5 mph, including the routine stoplights in the downtown area, so I'm happy with that given the conditions. Weekend forecast looks good and you can bet I'll be getting some dirt miles in somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home