Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Thursday, February 22, 2007


Spent most last weekend being a painting slave. The remodel is starting to wrap up and all the drywall has been taped and textured, so now we're heading toward completion.

We did manage to get out with the FCA-E team and few people from the bomb group on Saturday morning. We hit the south foothills again via Bear Canyon, Glenwood, etc. Trails were wet, but overall in good shape. Most of the day I spent chasing down Patrick on his cross bike and I was on the SS. It's really amazing how good his technical skills are on that cross bike, and he's got incredible acceleration. When he would let me catch up, we'd stop and wait for the rest of the group, then take off again. Even though we had to stop and start a lot, it gave the opportunity to hammer in between re-groups. We got a little over 20 miles in and it really was a perfect day. Some of the crew was out at Mt. Taylor for the Quad, and they had a perfect day and great snow besides.

Got a great south foothills ride in last night with Carl. Trails were absolutely perfect and we were in shorts and light shirts till the sun went down. Traction was outstanding and I climbed some steep stuff on the singlespeed that I don’t normally have the horsepower for when the trails are loose and dry. We rode basically non-stop for 90 minutes at a really nice pace, including two trips up Craig and Heidi’s trail, which is a really fun climb on the SS on any given day. Tonight Ann and I will be abused by the spin nazi, but my reward awaits at home.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Bingo! I could climb Craig & Heidi's trail all day. That is exactly how trails should be constructed. That one and the lower rock garden on 365 north of Elana are my two favorite sections of Albuquerque trail.

 
At 6:37 AM, February 28, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

Matt, I agree, those are some fun trails!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home