Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Wednesday, March 07, 2007


Saturday morning was brisk. Downright cold, actually, but sunny and the trails were calling. Got out with several FCA-E team mates, including Hector T., an amazing triathlete that can throw down some sub 10 hour ironman times and is a military tri champ. Despite the fact that he had run 10 miles before our 20 plus mile mountain bike ride, he just stuck to my wheel on the 5 mile climb from Bear Canyon at Juan Tabo to the Pino Wilderness boundary, and I know he could have dropped me if he wanted, but I think he was saving a little for an additional 10 mile run after the bike ride. These triathletes just amaze me! Trails were great and due to the cold, surprisingly we didn't run into any other riders up there. Nice mellow road ride with Ann on Sunday, including a nutrition break at Flying Star!

Last night, Ann hit up the Audio Adrenaline concert with friends, so I took the opportunity to go for a north foothills hammer session. A great ride, but the juniper pollen was so thick in places, that my light just reflected off, making the trail difficult to see. I paid the price sucking in all that pollen as my eyes nearly welled shut by the time I got home and my sneezing fit lasted nearly 15 solid minutes, before an allegra started to kick in. After the ride, I went back to work on my second job of late and finished prepping and staining all our new baseboard and door trim. Still need to get a couple coats of urethane over the stain on all the 6-panel pine doors, and boy, they already look beautiful. Gonna have to save some cash before we can put the wood floors down, but everything else came together fantastic. Fell asleep on the couch around 10:30pm and Ann woke me up shortly thereafter when she returned. Up at 5am this morning for some good quiet time and two espresso shots. Another big day ahead!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, March 07, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

The cycling community in Albuquerque seems to get smaller and smaller by the day. I rode with Hector about a year ago - we met on Tramway on a dusk/evening ride - he was heading home and I took the Dinotte out to do an out-and-back to Tijeras. Too funny!

 
At 5:06 PM, March 07, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

I agree Matt! I want to call it the "3 spokes of separation concept"!!

Nice job going 200 miles on the singlespeed, BTW. Kudos to Jeni for her double too!
Chris

 
At 9:24 PM, March 07, 2007, Blogger ojulius said...

I agree, Flying Star nutritional breaks are important!

Thanks for the kudos on the double. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home