Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, May 14, 2007





Couldn't find a teammate to try the Cortez race last weekend due to a conflict with the "Albuquerque World Championships". But looks like BWR dominated the solo entries. Instead, I found myself getting reacquainted with some trails I hadn't seen for a while, and it was nice to discover that new trail has a new addition....quite nice. Long ride but cut short due to lightning. Here's a few pics. Yep, I rode the cheater bike again. Got some new chain rings on order but haven't decided how long I'll keep the Dean a 1x9 as I'm needing some one-gear miles. Just a bit indecisive lately......

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, May 15, 2007, Blogger Joel said...

indecisive = wussiness

I'm quickly losing respect for you Chris... ;)

 
At 10:41 AM, May 15, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

Now, who was it that sold their On One 29erSS? Now I'll expect you to start riding a fixie on the road to back up the smack talk :)!

Just don't start calling me dubbya!

 
At 10:57 AM, May 15, 2007, Blogger Joel said...

Don't think I haven't thought about it...

 
At 9:31 PM, May 15, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Need to get out there again this year....rode through once on the Cedtero loop, but only did the Cajun. Gears are fine somedays....but still noisy as all heck.

Yeah you would have LOVED the cortez race. It's already a classic.

 
At 9:45 AM, May 16, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

Matt, I love that whole area; doesn't see much traffic and it tends to be about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than Cedro during the hotter months. I rode new trail south to north this time so I could figure out where it came out, but it's a better ride going north to south IMO, especially on SS due to a few steeps on the new addition.

I love the quietness of a SS bike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home