Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, October 30, 2006




A beautiful day to learn, and build some trail. Ann and I had the chance to get together with a large group of trail advocates for an IMBA trailbuilding class and field session at White Mesa. Nat and Rachel from IMBA did an outstanding job on the presentation and organizing the volunteers in the field. Kudos of course go to FOO for making this event happen along with help from the Wombats. It was really inspiring to see such a large group get together on behalf of mountain biking.

A great group of people and I enjoyed getting to meet everyone. Finally got to meet Matt and his better half Jeni who was responsible for getting this event off the ground. Got to swing a Pulaski alongside Travis C, Mike M, Jay, Dan H, Chris B, Chris P, and others I’m forgetting from the burque. A father-son team from Cruces even made the trip. Had to get back to the in-laws for home baked pizza so I missed out on the twilight ride at White Mesa, but I was pretty beat anyway.

Got together with Mark P on Sunday for a ride starting at Mars Court. Mark is recovering from a disc injury to his back so he wasn’t up for hammering, but we had a nice ride and trail conditions were primo. I love riding my singlespeed on those trails. Night rides start this week, so charge up those lights!

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, November 19, 2006, Blogger ojulius said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading. Great post! It was nice to meet the 2 of you at the trail day.

 
At 8:06 PM, November 24, 2006, Blogger StageWest said...

Likewise Jeni! Thanks again for all your efforts getting this thing organized.
Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home