Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, September 25, 2006




Just a great fall weekend. Saturday we lead a club ride up at Cedro. Six of us total. Mostly a mix of beginner and intermediate riders, but fun to show some new people around. We started at Tablazon and rode 462 up to Lone Pine and took that to Pinyon 2-track down to Lower Pine and back to the lot. A really easy and short ride, but a good way to introduce newcomers.

Sunday after church, I headed up for a singlespeed ride around David Canyon and Otero Canyon. This is a great area for SS. I was all over the place up there and even though my time was limited I managed 18 miles in an hour and 38 minutes with about 2,400 feet of climbing. Just a great day to be out and I didn't want it to end, but I was actually starting to catch a chill riding even though I was putting out a good effort on the bike. I felt great and wished I had more daylight so I could do the same loop again.

and now, a word from our sponsors....I've started using some products from our new sponsor, Hammer Nutrition, and they are truly excellent. I'll be getting things dialed in with the HEED and Hammer Gel, and Sustained Energy for longer efforts. Over the hotter months I found the e-caps to be really helpful for maintaining electrolyte balance. When I placed my first order, the folks at Hammer called me on the phone to let me know the package went out and that they'd thrown in a bunch of extra samples for us to try. That's customer service! Anyway, they've been great, and if you or anyone you know is interested in placing an order, you can get 15% off by clicking here: Hammer Discount!

Pictures are from some recent rides in the Sandias, Manzanitas, and two fawns I spotted drinking from a puddle at Cedro while their mom kept lookout. Amazing what you'll see in the woods when you stop and sit quietly a while. I find a lot of joy and contentment spending time in the mountains in the fall. Great stuff.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

Hammer Nutrition really treats people right, huh? Join their team and the prices just drop quite a bit and they always give you something free to try out.

Impressive ride of yours on the SS bike at Otero, btw. I agree though the terrain is perfect out there for that. I just need to get my SS bike back!

 
At 8:50 AM, September 26, 2006, Blogger StageWest said...

I've been really impressed by Hammer and their staff. They definitely go the extra mile for their customers.

It's funny about the riding, some days you just feel better than others and for me at least, the cooler weather helps!

 
At 8:54 AM, September 26, 2006, Blogger StageWest said...

sounds like you'll have a new paint job on the Wily to look forward to.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home