Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Saturday, August 05, 2006


Another rainy Saturday morning. Can't believe we've had to cancel rides in the east mountains on two consecutive Saturday's. So, we ended up just riding from the house to the north foothills. I was bummed because I've been a little bored with the foothills lately, but was glad to be able to ride anyway. Ann headed out about a half hour in front of me while I tinkered around in the garage. Once I finally got going I made the one mile climb up to the Tram/water tanks, then worked over to our adopted "bomb" trail and climbed that. Wasn't feeling it today, and in fact, haven't been riding very strong for over a month. Don't think I've overtrained, but I may be run down and have had that tendency during the summer. If I've slept well the night before, I've got a really good resting heart rate of 44 bpm. Haven't checked my max lately, but guessing it's still around 180 to 185. I've got a docs appt. later this month so we can see how the blood chemistry is looking and see how well I'm controlling the blood sugar, with this new insulin I've been on. Trails were in great shape today, but my not feeling well showed in the stats; only rode 12 miles with 1,300 feet of climbing at an average speed of 10.2 mph which is over 1 mph slower than my "normal" pace out there. Got some big rides coming later this month and into the fall, so need to be ready for those. Been listening to podcasts of John MacArthur. What an amazing bible scholar, and probably my all time favorite teacher. Give him a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home