Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Friday, June 02, 2006


Speaking the Truth in Love:

Do those who don't share our views on God, morality, and public policy enjoy being around us? Has the tension of moral politics come between us?

If so, here’s a question. Is it possible to remain faithful to our own beliefs while fighting for the right of others to disagree with us?

My guess is that most of us would vote to protect a person’s right to be a Buddhist, Muslim, or atheist American. Yet, who would deny that voting to protect a person’s right to reject Christ is as serious as the public policy issues that are dividing us?

Mart De Haan of RBC ministries asks these questions and I think it makes an interesting read.

I would ask too, would people in these groups vote to protect my right to be a Christian? Ephesians 4:15 exhorts us to speak the truth in love. Why? Because love without truth is dangerous, and truth without love is harsh. I can't say I know any believers that are dangerous with love, but I sure have met a bunch who are HARSH and judgemental.

Check it out and let me hear your comments: Been Thinking About..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home