Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Friday, May 12, 2006


Closing it Down.
This morning, due to severe fire threat, the Forest Service closed down most of my local favorite trails. No telling when they'll be re-opened, so yesterday I comp'd some time off work and did a big SSolo loop in the Tunnel, Otero, David Canyon areas. It was just a beautiful morning to be out and temperatures were perfect and nobody to speak of on the trails either.

I rode all the singletrack I could find along with a few short stretches of Forest Service Road, and logged 30 miles, with 3,700 feet of climbing and 3 hours and a couple minutes of riding time. A modest pace, but I just wanted to linger on the trails and just didn't feel like hammering. I'm not sure my legs would have participated in a hammer session anyway. I did manage to clean a couple more sections climbing up turkey trot that have been giving me problems on the single speed, so that made my day better.

Picture was taken at the David Canyon overlook. View is south-southwest toward the Manzano Mountains and the Isleta Reservation. Pray for Rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home