Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Tuesday, April 11, 2006


Revelation 4:11 - You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created.

What a glorious Spring weekend. Just awesome weather. We rode one of our favorite trails. This trail just flows and it has a few technical areas, but mainly we love it for the solitude. Not many people venture this far into the mountains. In fact, until this weekend, I had never seen another rider out in this area. When you reach the end of this flowing single track, you are greeted by a brutal climb, and though I can do much of this climb on a geared bike, the singlespeed was just too tough for me to pedal on the rocky technical switchbacks. It was on this climb that we ran into my old friend Kirby. I knew Kirby from desert cycle racing days and at over 60 years old, he's as fit as ever. He routinely rides 30 and 40 mile loops and his technical skills are exceptional. I'm sure most that meet him on the trails probably think he's in his thirties and he can still ride with the fastest experts. At one time, he had a full factory ride, but that was in his fifties! Seeing Kirby makes me wonder how long I'll be able to ride like I do, and even more it makes me appreciate the gift of good health. Thank You Lord, for your countless gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home