Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, June 26, 2006





Been wanting to try the Dale Ball Trails in Santa Fe for quite some time, but just haven't had a good reason to head up there. However, since most of our local trails are closed due to fire danger, we took the 50 minute drive to the trailhead and really enjoyed ourselves. I can't say I'd go out of my way to visit these trails regularly, but they were fun. We only ended up having time to ride the Central and North sections, but I'd like to string the Central, North, and the technical South section together the next time I visit. There wasn't anything I'd call technical riding on the Central and North sections, except some nice tight switchbacks, most of which we encountered on climbs. The climbs made me work on the singlespeed and it was easy to carry too much speed on the decents. The area, like much of Santa Fe has a wierd feel, and the trails often wind beside multi-million dollar homes. It's really nice that Santa Fe has set aside this property for multi-use. We only ran into 3 other riders and a couple of hikers during our visit. A good way to spend a half day relatively close to home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home