Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Tuesday, June 13, 2006


Weekend in the Watermelons. After last weekend's fiasco in the Jemez, Ann and I decided to stick close to home and rode the Sandia foothills. Early morning rides are the rule this time of year as it doesn't take long for the temperatures to approach the century mark. Both rides were only about 1.25 hours, but at a fairly intense pace. Sunday I felt crappy when starting out on the ride, but by the time I finished the first one mile climb in a seated position on the singlespeed, the legs started to perk up. Then I hit the climb from 365 up 230 to the wilderness boundary, then down the rock garden and picked up the nice steady climb over to Pino. I strung together some other shorter climbs, then worked my way back over to the Tram and water tanks. Nice to be done early in the day, so we hit up Flying Star for a late breakfast and back home for weekend chores and a power nap. This is my least favorite time of year in New Mexico as my body just does not like hot temperatures. Every year I can remember, I'm just dragging during the summer months, but come fall things turn again for the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home