Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Thursday, July 20, 2006






Lots of nice dirt miles on the singlespeed the past couple weeks. Ann and I hit up Cedro the day the Cibola re-opened and had a blast. Another Cedro ride with Carl last Wednesday, then a fine day on the Winsor Trail last Friday. Pictures are of the Winsor ride. Took the SS for that one, and after 10 miles of loose and rocky climbing to the base of the ski area, I was gassed. Sure enjoyed the trip back down and even dipped my wheels in Tesuque creek to cool off some smokin' hot rims. Great trail and a challenging climb. Saw a young turkey about a mile below the ski area too and hardly a soul on the trail.

Last Saturday we did a ride for beginners out at Oak Flat. Good spot for beginners and some nice trails besides. Sunday, I did bike maintenance and worked around the house. Monday before work, I got 25 miles in starting at Tunnel, over to Otero, and on to David Canyon from there. Last night Carl and I did a quick loop starting at Otero, then climbed over to David Canyon picking up Cajun Pine and looped a return trip. Just 13 miles, but a nice ride and I finally started feeling better riding. I think it was the cooler temperatures. East mountain trails are in great shape. We saw one yahoo ride right by the military boundary at Otero, and when I informed him that area is still off-limits, his reply "they haven't been patrolling it for a year now" and he kept on riding. Boneheads like this guy are what ruins it for the rest of us and hurts all the hard work by Friends of Otero in gaining legal access to this great area again. Amazing ride by Floyd and Phonak today during stage 17 of the tour. Just incredible...............

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger StageWest said...

Thanks Ethan. I just keep the camera in my jersey pocket and hold it out there and see what comes out. If you take enough pics, a few are bound to turn out OK.

My statcounter says folks are stopping by the blog, but I get very few comments. Maybe I need some controversial topics like stem cells or eschatology, eh? I'd like to do some fancier things with the blog at some point, so yeah, any tips are appreciated.

Hey to Jess and little Asher too!
Peace and Grace!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home