Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Wednesday, December 19, 2007


A big shout out to my old teammate Patrick M. and reigning NM state champ, for a great weekend at CX nationals in KC last weekend. He entered the B race on Thurs. to get to pre-ride/race the course, and handily won. Several nasty crashes in the age group championships kept him off the podium, but still a strong performance. Sunday, he nailed a podium in the singlespeed championship about 40 seconds behind former world SS champ T-brown, who took second. I got to ride a lot w/ Patrick last winter and spring. Made me stronger for sure. He's got good coaching cred too. Congrats! Well done!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, December 22, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Wow, good job by a local. Don't think I know the guy or have run accross him, which is amazing in a way. There are some serious heavy hitters that he beat too.... Cameron Chambers, Tim Faia, and a few others I remember seeing on the list that I can't recall now. Count me in as a fan of Patrick.

I dunno what to think about Ned, and Steve Tilford racing in Master's class. I suppose Travis at least has a good argument for going in the SS class....but didn't it seem like some of the older pros were cherry picking from wins in the Master's class?

 
At 8:21 AM, December 23, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

Matt, Patrick tends to keep a low profile most of the year, then really hits the cross season hard. He's got a great race resume, and used to be on the junior national road team in CSprings till a spine injury ended that journey. He may be one of the few guys around here that could hang with you on some climbs :))!

Yeah, I don't know what to think of Ned hitting the Masters class instead of trying the elite race, where I think he belongs. It's not like he needs any more titles, and he's been in the hall of fame for quite a while now......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home