Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Saturday, November 17, 2007



Good week for riding. Got beat up on some fingers climbs on the roadie Tuesday evening, took the SS out for a romp in the foothills Wednesday night, spun the legs out Thursday, then Friday was a day off, so I hit up Tunnel, Otero, David area on the singlespeed for a nice 31.7 miles and 3,600 feet of climbing. If I had plotted heart rate data, you'd see that I wasn't able to get the HR into zones 4&5, indicating tired legs, but still managed a pretty reasonable pace considering. With the price of gas these days, and so many fun local trails, I've been staying close to home rather than making road trips. Road ride today, then back on the SS again tomorrow. East mountains are extremely dry, and even the few reliable water sources I know of up there are dry now, and the wildlife is getting stressed. Found a squirrel digging way down into the mud trying to get moisture. I've said it before, but pray for rain and snow this year.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home