Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Saturday, October 06, 2007






Got up to Big Sky country again this year. Weather was pretty lousy overall, but we did manage a nice road ride along the Yellowstone, complete with finger climbs in the Absaroka Range. Also had a nice visit to the Lamar Valley of Jellystone National Park with my parents. Stayed in Paradise Valley in Pam & Chan's guest place. Mom put a pound or two on us with some good cooking and dad and I did manage to cast a few flies to yellowstone cutthroat trout in our favorite stream until our hands got too cold to tie a knot. Got over to Bozeman twice to see my little sis and my bro in law. Fun to see the family. While in Bozeman, I stopped by to say hello to Carl and see what project he's working on now. He's got a tiny Ti hardtail frame in the jig and Ann thought it looked about perfect size for her....... Carl is a perfectionist, and his bikes show it. I love visiting Montana, but I didn't have any trouble saying goodbye to those 3 inches of snow on the ground the day we left. Back to enjoy the beautiful fall in the land of manana.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, October 07, 2007, Blogger ojulius said...

Snow?!? Looks like you got a nice ride in despite the weather!

Can't beat Mom's cooking ever. :)

 
At 5:35 PM, October 08, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Aweomse country up there - need to get back sometime myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home