Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, August 20, 2007




There's a great trail we like to start on near Sedillo that's made for interval training. As the name implies, Roller Coaster involves a lot of up and down; short intense climbs followed by gravity-induced recovery. Take it on out to Juan Tomas, and hook up any number of other trail options. It was a good hour and a half of intervals that really cleared the cobwebs.

Sunday, I got a nice 30 miles in on some beautiful east mountain singletrack. Started out riding with Tim on his On One 29er, but he had to hang back for some newer riders who were working on their fitness, so I just got into my zone and enjoyed the ride and the wildlife that was out and about early Sunday morning. The great thing about our church adding a Saturday evening service, is long Sunday rides; after all this is how we rest and refresh our bodies for the week ahead behind a desk! After about 20 miles, I ran into Dave and David, and tagged along with them for the last part of the ride. They were both down to earth guys; a little pokey on the climbs, but man, Dave was a rocket on the DH, and even on the rolling, twisty singletrack. Made me realize, I don’t push my pace like I should on the flatter or DH portions of the trail, and significant time can be gained in these areas. It’s good to ride with others to help develop a sense of your strengths and weaknesses. If we don’t get some cooler temps soon, I’m going to get some serious burnout, or have to recharge the batteries in Big Sky country…… Can you find the mule deer facing away in one of the pics?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home