Stage West

Fat tire adventures and other stuff

Monday, November 26, 2007



The annual turkey day ride was a bit chilly but at least we got 4 people to show up. Friday, was a nice hike up at Elena Gallegos with Ann and our canine companions. The season's first snow made it quite pleasant. Saturday, Ann and I started out together in the north foothills and the trails were fantastic with the moisture received over the holiday. Ann stayed in the north foothills while I added in the south section to complete over four hours of riding time. The Garmin battery crapped out on me, but I know from experience that this route is in the 35 to 40 mile length. Sunday, we hit the north foothills again, and ran into Jeni on the trail going alongside Simm's Park. The three of us then continued on up to the wilderness boundary at Pino. Fun ride, and Jeni is looking strong on that singlespeed which is no surprise considering her coach! It was a good day to wrap up the long weekend. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I think. I find it so much more relaxing than the others, and I'm thankful for being able to spend time with family and friends.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Thanksgiving is a good holiday. I mean really, what isn't to like? The day off in the middle of the week, the food, friends or family, and good sports too.

I really want to try turducken some year too.

 
At 8:22 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger ojulius said...

It was lots of fun riding with you and Ann! Lots of friendly faces out on the trail that day. :)

 
At 8:03 AM, November 27, 2007, Blogger Joel said...

You guys had a lot more fun than me. I ended up freezing my toes off watching my wife run a 5k Thanksgiving morning. She earned her turkey that day. Me, not so much...

 
At 6:47 PM, November 27, 2007, Blogger StageWest said...

M-my cajun friends tell me you gotta have your turducken deep fried. Some day I'll try it.

J-Ann and I enjoyed the climb!

Joel-I got a freeze on Sat night standing around watching an after dark CX race! Hit the trainer this winter, and you'll be good to go come spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home